My City Again, The Downtown

Assalammu Alaikum, Wr. Wb.

Hi, how are you today? I'm not finish talking about my city yet, so let's continue. I did showed you our Beach and oil company. Now let me show you our Downtown.This is Balikpapan landscape pictures taking by the plane. Not breathtaking pictures if compared by the beach pictures from the last post, but unless I can show you my city in different point of view.Balikpapan is putting make up in it face these days by build more shopping malls, apartements, hotels and entertainment facillities, to invited more tourists from another cities or another countries, and it seem working very well, because I did noticed how the traffics on the main road and downtown at every friday night to sunday afternoon, become too busy.So many people come to Balikpapan from other cities around it and spend their weekend by shopping and entertaining themselves. At this time, the hotels will fully booked and the roads will fully loaded with vehicles. Make me always chosed to stay at home than going outside and have fun like others citizens and the tourists, because I hate trapped inside the crowds. Beside, my books always feel more interesting than the traffics, except when I feel really need to eat 'Sate', 'Soto Quin' or 'Gulai'. Hehehe... You don't know what it is? Let me tell you later, in another post!The main downtown in Balikpapan is at Sudirman street. Once again, placed by the beach, it is the most busy bussiness area. Long time ago, we cannot see the ocean from the street because behind those stores, there is Fisherman Village, where many fisherman lives with their family and their ships. But more than a decade ago fire burn down all of the house in the village along will all the stores in front of it. Suddenly the ocean came to our sight when beach no longer have houses to block it. Goverment moved the fisherman's families to another place and start to built a complex of stores, called Ruko Bandar, where in my opinion, 1 one the best restaurant at the city placed today. I'll told you about it later! :-DThere are few Shopping Malls located in different area of the city. The Plaza and Hypermart at Sudirman Street, the oldest one, but still become the famous one because it located in the best area in town. Standing by the beach, in the most busy bussiness area at Sudirman Street, this Mall not only give the best shopping experiences in our city could offer today, but also give the shoppers breathtaking view of sunset over the sea at it's parking lot.Next to it the is Pasar Baru Square which still under construction now, even in the middle of construction chaos, they already open the only Cinema in town, XXI. Still a Sudirman Street, there is Grand Sudirman, brand new apartement and hotel complex. The mall near it still under construction too. If we move little further there is Balikpapan Super Block Where the E-Walk Mall and complex of apartements and stores placed. It also brand new complex of Shopping Mall and stores so there still many stores not open yet, but they have the best donut in town which I love so much! Hehehe...There are still 2 Mall standing in the other sides of the town, Rapak Plaza and Mall Fantasy. I don't like Rapak Plaza, but Mall Fantasy which placed at suburban area is one of good choice to go if you want a little quite shopping experiences.Not too crowded inside and they have great building and wonderful neighbourhood to enjoy. I heard they had plan to change the former hospital building near my parents house into another Mall. I start to feel there already too many Shopping Mall for the City as small as Balikpapan, but what do I know! As long as build new Shopping Mall do not caused the destruction inside community, I guess it is all right to Make another one or two or three. New entertainment in town will always great for everyone, I hope so.


Bye for now.

Wassalam.
Rahma Azzahra.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment